Black diamond’s poker playing cards are wildly different from the normal playing cards. Designed with cool black background and pattern with the gold foil makes them look smooth and shiny. If you are a collector, it would be a totally awesome addition to your collection—an even better choice for gathering your family and friends to play them. Card games that you can play using this set this weekend can range from the famous Texas Hold’em, Three card poker, Omaha Hold’em, Five Card Draw, Seven Card Stud, Blackjack, Anaconda, Brag, etc. In case you’re one of the newbies in the poker world, you might want to know how to play poker with these cards, how many decks of cards are used for Texas Hold’em, what are the best poker hands, etc. So, let’s get some familiarity!
How to play poker cards?
Before clicking here to learn the rules for poker, it would be best to first get familiar with poker hand rankings. Most of all the common beginner mistakes happen only when someone assumes they have a winning poker hand while they don’t.
Here’s the poker hands ranking guide:
- Royal Flush (Five cards in sequence with all cards of the same suit – A-K-Q-J-10)
- Straight Flush (Any sequence of cards all of the same suit, eg. 9-8-7-6-5)
- Four of a Kind (As the name suggests, four cards of the same suit – eg. A-A-A-A)
- Full House (Three cards of the same kind AND a pair)
- Flush (Any and all cards of the same suit)
- Straight (A basic sequence of cards of any suit such as 6-5-4-3-2)
- Three of a kind (As the name suggests, three cards of the same value such as 4-4-4)
- Two-pair (Two basic pairs, like 9-9 AND 5-5)
- Pair (Just about any pair whether it’s K-K or 2-2)
- High Card (Whatever your highest card is your pack)
How many decks of cards do you need for poker?
You only use a single deck for one hand in poker. If you have many buddies who want to play the game, but you do not have enough cards in the deck, then just divide them into multiple tables. However, casinos tend to use two decks of cards to speed up the game. You can do the same while playing at home too. If you have no dedicated dealer like in casinos, have the guy who dealt the last poker hand collect the cards and shuffle. During this time, the new dealer can already deal the other deck of cards.